If you’re looking for a cozy hangout surrounding a crackling fire, or you just want a fun place to toast marshmallows or roast hot dogs, you might consider a fire pit.
A fire pit is round, oval, square, or rectangular and open on all sides, so you can sit around all sides of it to view the fire. There are wood-burning fire pits, as well as gas-burning fire pits or fire tables that burn propane or natural gas. Large curved sofas that match the curve of the round fire pits are popular, paired with comfy swivel-rocking cushioned lounge chairs.
The difference between gas and wood fire pits is that wood fire pits provide more heat than gas fire pits, and you can cook hot dogs and marshmallows over a wood fire. Gas fire pits are quick and easy to light, and you don’t have smoke like with a wood fire.
Below are some advantages of fire pits to consider:
• Fire pits provide warmth, light, a cooking source, and ambiance, making them a natural gathering spot for socializing, entertaining, and relaxation.
• People are drawn to the campfire-like atmosphere of a fire-pit. Before you know it, there will be story telling and laughter.
• A fire pit can also serve as an important focal point in your outdoor landscape design. People often put a lot of thought into the color options so that it becomes a very important part of the landscape.
• Fire pits come in a variety of sizes and shapes. The downside to a small firebox, is that the fire needs to be fed more often.
• When placed where it can be easily seen from your interior living space, it can be enjoyed from the indoors as well.
State of the Art Landscape is the superior resource for every residential landscaping need—including designing and building beautiful backyard fire pits. Contact us today to make an appointment for your initial consultation. We would love to have the opportunity to work with you. Call us directly at 703-421-3666 or click here.